As the snow returns (exactly a year on from a fabulous snowy Photo Shoot with Sapphire and Rewy) I thought it a good time to fire the blog back up for the New Year and share some of my favourite images from Winter 2023: Horse Photo Shoots through the seasons is a blog series I will be adding to over the next few weeks and you can catch my Spring version here.
While the idea of a Winter Photo Shoot might have you adding an extra layer and your horse burying themselves deep in their straw bed, it rewards the brave with utterly luscious light and an unforgettable set of memories. Whether you’re up for hiking up to the snowy crest of a Welsh hill or after some studio shots of your Horse fully clipped out, Winter is no time to put down the camera and hibernate.
In fact a good blast of fresh air and a morning spent creating magical memories is the perfect way to spend a January day in my books! We need little (or large) things to look forward to at this time of the year and there are always gorgeous places to be found and light to lift the soul. Even the M56 looked utterly stunning this morning with the tree lined embankments heavy with fresh snow and early morning light filtering through… And that my friends is a sentence I never thought I would type!
So here are my top 7 reasons why I believe a Winter Photo Shoot is an experience you shouldn’t miss out on…
- Magical Winter Light – you just can’t beat it
- Snow, frost or misty mornings/afternoons create a unique atmosphere for photos
- If the snow is a little patch… never fear there’s always photoshop to finish things off!
- You get to wear all your gorgeous winter warmers! Snuggly hats, your favourite scarf and wam winter boots were made for Winter Photo Shoots!
- It makes those cuddles with your horse ever more special as you warm each other up!
- It brightens January up and gives you something to enjoy and look forward to!
- I will introduce you to the wonder of hand warmers (if you’ve not already discovered them for yourself!) You’ll thank me I promise!!
If you’re wondering which session might be best for your Winter Photo Shoot, my Mini is pretty perfect. Short enough to prevent any real chills setting in but long enough to capture all the good stuff. It comes with a stunning 8×6” mounted print and the option to order any additional prints, digitals or albums after your Photo Shoot (from the comfort and warmth of your own home I should add!)
So if you’re ready to do something different this January and get your year off to a flying start I would love to hear from you. And if you’re not quite ready to book that Photo Shoot then I hope you enjoy the selection of photos below and continue building ideas for what your perfect Photo Shoot might look like!
Until next time,